The Technical Advisory Committees (TAC) for Safety was formed to act as a forum to advice the FDA on matters relating to the post-approval safety, quality, efficacy and effectiveness of products granted marketing authorization by the Authority. The TAC provides expertise to assist the FDA Ghana in making appropriate risk management decisions, however, the decision making responsibility remains with the FDA Ghana.
The mandate of the TAC is to provide the FDA with on-going and timely medical and scientific advice on current and emerging issues related to post-approval product surveillance based on spontaneous reports received from healthcare professionals and decisions taken by National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) worldwide.
MEMBERS OF THE FDA TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON NUTRITION
1. Prof. Francis Zotor - University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS), School of Public Health, Dept. of Family and Community Health - Chairman
2. Ms. Esi Amoaful - Ghana Health Service (GHS), Nutrition Dept.
3. Dr. Faustina Dufie Wireko-Manu - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Dept. of Food Science and Technology
4. Dr. Godfred Egbi - University of Ghana, Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR)
5. Dr. Mary Glover-Amengor - Council for Scientific and Industrial Research - Food Research Institute (CSIR-FRI)
6. Dr. Laurene Boateng - University of Ghana, Dept. of Dietetics
7. Ms. Paulina Addy - Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Women in Agricultural Development Directorate
8. Dr. Esi Colecraft - University of Ghana, Dept. of Nutrition and Food Science
9. Mr. Percy Adomako Agyekum - Food and Drugs Authority (FDA), Head, Food Evaluation and Registration Dept. (FERD) (Ag.Secretary)
The TAC is made up of experts from eleven scientific backgrounds. The TAC may also co-opt expert(s) from other fields that are not amongst the core membership for specific issues.
MEMBERS OF THE FDA TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON CLINICAL TRIALS
1. Prof. John Gyapong (Chair) - Vice Chancellor University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, Volta Region
2. Dr. (Mrs.) Amah Nkansah - Pharmacy Department, Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Korle-Bu, Accra
3. Prof. Adjepon-Yamoah - Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Medicine and Dentistry
4. Prof. Alex Nyarko - University of Ghana, College of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy
5. Dr. Alex Owusu-Ofori - Dept. of Clinical Microbiology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, KNUST
6. Prof. E. O. D Addo-Yobo - Child Health Directorate, Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi
7. Dr. Edmund T. Nartey - Center for Tropical Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Ghana Medical School
8. Dr. Henry Lawson - Univ. Of Ghana Medical School, Dept. Of Community Health, Family Medicine Unit
9.Ms. Mavis Boakye-Yiadom - Medical Herbalist
10. Prof. Ayaga Bawah - Regional Institute for Population Studies,University of Ghana, Legon
11. Prof. Jonathan Dakubo - University of Ghana, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine and Dentistry, College of Health Sciences
12. Prof. Yaw Asante Awuku - University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, Volta Region
MEMBERS OF THE FDA TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON MEDICAL DEVICES
1. Prof. Augustine Faanu - Nuclear Regulatory Authority, Accra
2. Dr. Paul Sekyere-Nyantakyi - MDS-Lancet Laboratories Gh. Ltd, Accra
3. Dr. Michael A. K. Segbefia - Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra
4. Mrs. Rita Komla Akoto,Head of 24H Surgery, Greater Accra Regional Hospital
5. Dr. Nicholas Adjabu - Deputy Director, Clinical Engineering Department Ghana Health Service
6. Prof. Elsie Effah Kaufmann,- Visiting Scholar/Head Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics,School of Allied Health Sciences, Ho/Associate Professor,School of Engineering Sciences University of Ghana
7. Prof. Nathaniel N. A Okine - University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho
8. Dr. Isaac Acquah - Biomedical Engineering Program,College of Engineering, KNUST
The FDA exists to protect public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, food, biological products, cosmetics, medical devices, household chemical substances, tobacco and the conduct of clinical trials in the country.