THE DRUG PHYSICOCHEMICAL LABORATORY
The Drug Physicochemical Laboratory, one of the six (6) testing laboratories of the Food and Drugs Authority Laboratory Services, is accredited to the ISO/IEC17025-2005 standard
for testing with certificate number AT 1870 issued by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board / ANAB ofthe United States of America, a member of ILAC.
Categories of samples tested by this unit are allopathic medicines, herbal medicines, homeopathic medicines, food supplements and veterinary drugs.
The Scope of accreditation covers eleven (11) tests namely:
- Assay by Liquid Chromatography
- Assay by UV/Visible Spectrophotometry
- Loss On Drying (LOD)
- Moisture determination by Karl Fischer
- Uniformity of Dosage Unit
- Identification by FTIR Spectrophotometry
- Assay by Titration
- Assay by Polarimetry
- Identification by Thin Layer Chromatography
The Unit does other tests which are not accredited.